I have always loved the Breede River valley. I have been fortunate enough to paddle in the last seven Breede River canoe marathons and I have always wondered about the mountain biking in the valley. You can now understand my excitement when I heard about the latest MTB stage race in the Western Cape, the Ride2Nowhere. Based in the historic town of McGregor, this three day ride promises to be truly spectacular. Below is some info on the event. Get those entries in!
· First MTB and MTB Stage race in McGregor
· New routes that have never been ridden on before and that will only be open for public on these race dates.
· Route suitable for riders new at stage racing, weekend warriors, and the racing snakes
· Family Event for all to enjoy with Kiddies race’s on Sat and Sun of the event. Wine Tasting and Sales daily and Local Entertainment every night.
· Why is it called the “Ride 2 Nowhere”? – Apart from the unique, alternative, eccentric and therapeutic village; McGregor is known for the “Road to Nowhere”–due to the fact that the road leading out of McGregor towards the mountains literally leads to nowhere and into a dead end, one would need to exit the town with the same road you entered. With bearing this in mind it makes perfect sense to call the event the “Ride2Nowhere”.
· The race is held in support of the “Kimberly Rose Cancer Foundation” – This foundation was founded in loving memory of 15-year-old Kim-Batya Asher who died from a rare form of Osteosarcoma. Visit www.kimbatya.com for more information.
· Great Lucky Draw Prizes – Weekends Away and Lots of Wine!
· Come to experience the McGregor community – an untouched jewel on the Breede River Valley and no better way to explore it on your bike!
Here is some info on how to enter. Hurry, entries close on Monday the 27th!
Entry Fees: R5 500.00 per team / R2750.00 solo entry
• Entries close 24 August 2012